Why is it that when I think of About Me pages, the infamous Michael Scott often pops into my head?
“I work too hard, I care too much, and sometimes I can be too invested in my job.”
It’s safe to say that one of the first things you might figure out about me is that The Office sometimes serves as background music in our house! If you can quote that or Parks and Rec, you’ll feel right at home. But if you’re stopping by this little online space, first let me say welcome! I’ve always wanted to craft a blog of my own, and it feels surreal that it’s here and that you’re visiting.
There are a few important things about me that shape the way I live, think, work, and rest. I’m the wife of my high school sweetheart, and we got married fresh out of college. Six years later, we planted roots in our hometown and had the sweetest little blue-eyed boy you’ve ever seen. Marriage and motherhood have challenged, grown, and blessed me in more ways than I can count.
If you’re here for the fun facts, let me take a moment to share!
- Around 2:00 in the afternoon every day, my body just needs iced coffee. I don’t understand it, but I don’t really fight it. C’est la vie!
- In the past two years, I made an abrupt career switch from higher education to marketing for a tech company. Writing was the vehicle that got me there, and I’m forever grateful for old friends on LinkedIn!
- My “day job” is fully remote, which means I spend a lot of the time at home. Hello, leggings and blankets. On many days, I remind myself to get outside and breathe some fresh air!
- I can’t be trusted around fiction books. Seriously, my productivity takes a nosedive whenever I really want to finish a good story or uncover a twist in the plot.
- My favorite city is Charleston, South Carolina. We went on our honeymoon and have been back every year since. Forever daydreaming about Rainbow Row, King Street, and everything good to eat.
I hope you’ll grab your favorite strong brew of coffee and stay a while!